Monday, July 2, 2012

Half Way There!

Day 184

Woo Hoo! I am officially half way through my one year challenge to refrain from buying clothes, shoes and accessories! Take it from me, a year is a very, very long time. I haven't put into numbers what I have saved but it has been quite a bit.

I am starting to look ahead to next year. How will I be changed? Will I be changed? Will I simply roll back into my old ways come January? I can tell you this: the desire is still there. We had friends and family to the lake yesterday and I spent a good amount of time pining for a certain sparkle-trimmed swimsuit cover worn by one of our guests. And her flip-flops.

I think the next six months will be spent determining how I will proceed post-challenge. I have contemplated limits, either by item or by dollar. I am thinking about a "do you really need this" check list system (I don't think it would last long). Good thing I still have half way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment