Thursday, July 19, 2012

If a Vacation Wardrobe is an Issue ...

Day 201


The front page of our July 18 Oakland Press was interesting! Front page, color photo, headline reads: "Nudists Staying Cool." This is our newspaper, not a trashy magazine. I had to read it. Seems there is a nudist resort in Oxford, Michigan! And, it's a "family-friendly" nudist resort. I just can't wrap my head around it. I had to visit the web site. Like many vacation resorts, Whispering Oaks offers accommodations, camping, swimming and a variety of sports, even nude roller hockey. There are dances. Celebrities visit. There aren't many skinny people (that's from them, not me). And, sunscreen is recommended.


As foreign as this concept seems to me, it is not rare. In fact there are lots of resort scattered around the world ranging from family-friendly to adults-only. I started thinking- imagine how little you would have to pack! No new outfits or fresh swimsuits. No quivering at the luggage check-in counter wondering if your suitcase has exceeded the weight limit. No matching shoes and accessories for each outfit. Just yourself, some flip-flops, sunglasses and a GIANT bottle of sunscreen.


Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment