Friday, June 1, 2012

Women's Golf Shoes: What Did We Do to Deserve This?

Day 153
Women's Golf Shoes: What Did We Do to Deserve This?


I came out of Golf Retirement for a single, required golf outing with my husband last summer. Upon entering Golf Retirement, I got rid of golf clothes and golf clubs. We scrambled to get me ready for the single event, throwing together an outfit, using my husband's second set of clubs and realizing that I had kept my golf shoes. And it turned out that I was better at golf than I remembered!


Tomorrow I will be joining my husband for a golf outing benefiting Vietnam Veterans. I am very happy to support this worthy cause and also happy because I have been practicing golf and my game is improved. I think I am officially Un-Retired, if you can be that.


This is a huge bummer because I can't get new golf outfits or, most importantly, new golf shoes. My shoes, while still intact, are ugly white things reminiscent of sneakers. Pretty common style. Pretty ugly. They really don't add anything to any decent golf outfit. I decided to see, just for the heck of it, what golf shoes I would buy if I could buy golf shoes (did that just sound like a tongue twister?). 


There are lots and lots of women golfers, but what in the world did we do to deserve this shoe selection?

Frankly, I am not disappointed that I can't buy new golf shoes. Most of them are hideous! Even from Zappos, shoe store extraordinaire! I will wear my ugly old shoes this year. Should be fine since I don't have real golf outfits. But for next year, I did find two pair that may be OK:
a little metallic bling wouldn't hurt, and I can always do a great lime shoe. Golf shoe designers: listen up! You can do better than this! You have until next spring. Call me.



6 comments:

  1. I am going to retired at next Month so I have joined a golf club in north Williston Street in London. For improve my fitness and health. Ladies Golf Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a great sense of humour in your post. Thanks for sharing your point of view but I think ladies golf shoes are important in the golf game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree that golf shoes are important and I hope that when I am able to choose a new pair next spring, some better styles will be available!

      Delete
  3. Hey Rebecca, I feel your pain about the designs for women’s golf shoes. But then again, as long as it serves its function, gives me good traction and balance on the green, and doesn’t cause me to trip mid-swing, I’ll take them!

    Sofia Karg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sofia! I am hoping that this spring brings a bounty of fresh, stylish golf shoes! I am ready.

      Delete
  4. These are some of the functional features that impressed me in the Bobby Jones Golf Apparel pieces I tested. They ensured maximum comfort, while adding adaptability and ease of use. ladies sleeveless golf shirts

    ReplyDelete