Friday, June 22, 2012

What Was I Thinking?

Day 174

When I write a blog post, I compose, read for errors, re-read once again and then press the orange "publish" button. Like many of you, that post is then sent to me via email. When I receive my post in an email, I open it, give it a once over and delete it from my mailbox.

When I opened yesterday's post about sundresses, I said to myself (out loud), "What the heck??" True, my daughter needed clothes for work and she made great choices. But why would I openly encourage everyone to rush out to the store to buy things you may or may not need? Perhaps I should have encouraged everyone, "If you have something fresh and summer-y in your closet, pull it out!" But no. I reverted to my typical "run to the store" response. Perhaps I want to shop vicariously through you.

It has been nearly 6 months and I have to say again, I am so glad the challenge is for a year. I am pretty sure my old habits are going to go down fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment