Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pantone Color of the Year


Day 71
Pantone Color of the Year

For those of you not familiar, Pantone is a company that creates, identifies and matches colors.
From their website: The Pantone® name is known worldwide as the standard language for color communication from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer. As a designer, I refer to Pantone colors often.

As a force of color, Pantone selects a “color of the year” each year. Fashion designers in particular take note. As a color-lover myself, I am always interested in the color that the Pantone gurus feel is the “IT” color. I had mixed feelings when I found the 2012 color, Tangerine Tango. Without seeing the color, I knew I would love it. Then I saw it and, oh my! It’s MY color. The year I can’t buy clothes and the color of the year is MY color.

It’s showing up everywhere now. From catalogs to ads to store windows, the color is calling to me. I have to go through everything I own again to see if there is some hidden Tangerine Tango in my closet. There will likely be some left over in stores next year, but by then a new color will be designated color of the year. I don’t know how they’ll top this one, hopefully with some spectacular shade of lime green or turquoise. If any of you spot this fabulous shade in stores- buy it! Wear it! Know you are right on trend with the color of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment